Monday, September 5, 2011

The Night Before

Tonight I tested out making one of the Dukan galettes. No Quark (whatever that is) or fromage fraise (whatever that is either). I used some of the fat free yogurt, an egg and the bran with a dash of salt. Overall, I think they'll be pretty good. It's a bit eggy though, so if you make it sweet, maybe you should just use the egg white. I'll try that later.  Also, a good non-stick pan is a must.  My pan is a bit old, and my galette came out in a few pieces.
Not made by me, but looks similar.
 Also, I read that a substitute for Quark can be made with yogurt if you drain it overnight. So, in a colander, I put a couple pieces of paper towel, dumped a tub of yogurt into it, and put it all into a bigger bowl to catch the runoff.  In the couple of hours since I did it, a fair amount of water has already come out.  What's going to happen?

For tomorrow's lunch I butterflied some chicken breasts (which luckily are the cheapest cuts of chicken in Japan). I sprinkled with a little salt and pepper, rubbed on some crushed garlic, a pinch of bouquet garnis and sprinkled with lemon juice. It's marinating in the fridge as we speak. We'll have that with a galette for lunch. Breakfast will probably be a salmon omelet with some yogurt.  I think that should hold us to dinner, but my wife asked what about if she wants a snack. So I'll make some tuna salad (using yogurt instead of mayo) and she can munch that.

Dinner is going to be grilled Pacific Sauri, which is a really nice fish. We might have that with a Japanese Omelette. So, we'll see how this all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment